Location - thoughts to the 800th anniversary
(from the chronicle to the 800th anniversary in 1973)
Every „Hupperather“, who not exactly missed or slept in the subject "local history" in his schooltime knows to report, that the name "Humbrecterod" is first mentioned in a document in 1173.
It is also known that a settler named „Humbrecht“ cleared the forest
Since then the „Hupperather“ have been lived and loved,
„Humbrecht“ and his clan must have been capable, hard-working people
And every generation will have had their originals, which are not extinct until today,
„Humbrecht“ has truly chosen a good spot of earth, belonging to the sharp Eifel
How does the village nestle in this sheltered depression
How far does the gaze wander from the "Feescht" over the forest heights of the “Vordereifel”,
And then, near the Salm Valley, one can feel the cultural creativity of „Abtei Himmerod“,
How historic is this land!
How strong does the new time make itself felt!
New relocated farms, modern machines, entire streets with new handsome houses,
At the old schoolhouse (the new one is an ornament of the village) a large hiking map invites for leisurely hiking. Year after year, numerous guests come to the village, parents with their children,
Some people make a pilgrimage even after the day load and effort or at a leisurely sunday afternoon at the chapel "Op der Geichlä" to find strength and consolation in the silence in a grief or a worry that only one person helps to carry.
So may God also hold his protective hand about this village and about all in upcoming times.